Full-Time Geospatial Services Team Leader- MA001 – Alice Springs
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Central Land Council (CLC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976. The CLC represents traditional landowners, native title holders and other Aboriginal people across the southern half of the Northern Territory – an area of almost 780,000 square kilometres. The CLC provides its constituents with advice, advocacy and practical assistance to support their aspirations, manage their land and realise and protect their rights.
The CLC currently has opportunities in the following position for a suitably qualified person:
Geospatial Services Team Leader
CL 6 (Commencing $74,601, progressing to $85,695)
Reporting to the Computer Services Manager you will be responsible for the coordination and provision of Geographical Information System (GIS) services to the Central Land Council, including cartographic production and GIS maintenance and development duties.
- Supervise, plan and coordinate the performance of Geospatial Services Unit staff and consultants
- Develop and maintain business processes and procedures of the Geospatial Services Unit
- Supervise, plan and coordinate the development and maintenance of spatial datasets including maintenance procedures, metadata, quality assurance and conventions.
- Plan and coordinate the development and maintenance of GIS spatial applications and systems
- Ensure compliance, report on advances in GIS technology, data and licencing.
Suitable applicants will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field with experience in GIS development
- Project management experience
- Experience in design or maintenance of relational databases and/or Esri Geodatabases
- Experience in enterprise GIS system design, function and application
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Enterprise suite, SQL, Python GIS web development and SDK.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a small team
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 16 September 2018
Significant benefits include: base salary, district allowance, superannuation, leave loading, relocation assistance, annual airfare allowance and salary packaging options.
Annual progression within the salary scale is subject to satisfactory performance. Progression is in accordance with annual increments set out in an enterprise agreement.
Human Resources Advisor
Central Land Council
08 8951 6211
How to ApplyFor a confidential conversation please contact the Computer Services Manager on 08 8951-6211. For Job Descriptions and Selection Criteria, please visit http://www.clc.org.au/articles/cat/vacancies-at-the-clc/
599 total views, 2 today