Full-Time Geospatial Technical Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Join a fast growing regional Council in a permanent capacity!
Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking a highly motivated, dedicated individual to contribute to and be part of a team of geospatial professionals within the Information Services area. This position is responsible for the provision of high level spatial information services for the City of Wagga Wagga.
What can you expect from us?
- Commencing salary of $2,842.12 gpf with the opportunity to progress to $3,410.54 gpf + superannuation;
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement;
- Generous leave entitlements;
- Varied and challenging projects with scope to innovate and create;
- Dedicated and supportive team environment; and
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Spatial systems design and administration including customisation of software and integration with other corporate systems.
- Providing high level GIS software support and development.
- Spatial data maintenance, analysis and modelling.
- Working collaboratively to scope, implement and deliver spatial projects.
- Developing and delivering GIS related software training within individual and group environments.
What we expect from you?
The successful applicant will have tertiary qualifications and/or industry experience and knowledge of key spatial software packages and applications. You will have well developed communication, interpersonal and administration skills, and the ability to work well with within a team and independently across divisions for project based work.
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Current covering letter,
- Current resume, and
- Statement addressing Focus Questions – Maximum three pages.
- What qualifications, skills and experience do you have that are relevant to this position?
- Can you please list two to three (2 to 3) projects that you have successfully completed, their benefits, outcomes and lessons learned?
- In one thousand words or less, outline how you would use your technical spatial skills to improve the lives of staff and residents within the City of Wagga Wagga?
What is next?
Applications close Friday, 7 February 2020 @ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 17 February 2020.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Trent Whitehead on 02 6926 9522.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.wagga.nsw.gov.au/jobs
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.
How to ApplyFor more information and to apply, please visit www.wagga.nsw.gov.au/jobs
545 total views, 2 today