Full-Time GIS Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Niche Environment and Heritage (Niche) is a specialist environmental and cultural heritage consultancy with expertise in environmental assessment and approvals, biodiversity and archaeological survey, assessment, monitoring and management.
Niche is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic GIS Specialist to join our highly experienced GIS team.
The successful candidate will have excellent Geographic Information Systems and spatial data management skills. An understanding of ecological and/or cultural heritage disciplines would be an advantage.
You would be expected to work closely with our team, but also be self-motivated and able to work independently as required. The position offers the successful candidate the requirement to work from our Head Office in Parramatta, occasionally work from home, and with regular interaction with Niche ecologists, archaeologists and environmental engineers through involvement in project mapping, data capture and management.
The position will involve preparation of maps, data management and analysis, GIS and IT platform management, project management and client liaison.
- Minimum of a Bachelor-level university degree (or similar) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems or similar discipline relevant to the responsibilities of the position.
- 2-5 years’ experience working in GIS/IT, including a demonstrated record of the successful delivery of consulting projects in either the Government or commercial sectors.
- Demonstrated high level of GIS skills and working knowledge of the IT platforms required to support an SME environment
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Digital technology competence, including experience with using GPS and other field data capture devices, and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain longstanding relationships both internally and externally.
- Current NSW drivers license, NSW White Card (CIC) and Senior First Aid.
How to apply
An attractive salary package will be offered commensurate with level of experience. A full position description is available at http://www.niche-eh.com/employment
Applications, including a CV and covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org by: COB Monday, 2 October 2017.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with the right to work in Australia only need apply.
655 total views, 1 today