Full-Time GIS Team Leader – Melbourne OR Sydney office
Biosis is seeking a Team Leader – GIS to join our multi-disciplined consulting team based in either Melbourne or Sydney. This is an opportunity to join a market leading consultancy which provides GIS, ecological, heritage and environmental approval services throughout south-eastern Australia.
Biosis employs a highly experienced multi-disciplinary team that includes aquatic ecologists, archaeologists, botanists, environmental planners, GIS operators and zoologists. We have offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Albury, Ballarat, Newcastle, Wangaratta and Wollongong.
Our Melbourne office is located close to the CBD and is easily accessible by public transport. We are a very short walk from the North Port Tram Stop. Our Sydney office is located close to the CBD and is easily accessible by public transport. We are a short walk from Redfern or Green Square train stations, allowing access to all the services of Sydney, without being stuck in the CBD.
We are looking for a Team Leader – GIS with experience in people management, business development, GIS/drafting packages (with experience with ArcGIS highly desirable), attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines being critical. You are a highly motivated individual willing to participate fully in a team environment. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the Principal GIS Operator and will be responsible for managing, developing and growing the team, management of existing client relationships, developing new relationships, resource scheduling, technical oversight and financial oversight of projects.
This significant leadership opportunity is available for a GIS specialist looking to develop their career in people management and influence the growth and direction of our GIS team.
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following selection criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in geomatics, surveying or appropriate discipline.
- A minimum of five years’ experience using GIS packages.
- Experience of leading and mentoring junior staff in technical and project management skills.
- Experience of managing projects, taking accountability for client service and satisfaction, budget and financial management, as well as quality control and team leadership.
- Experience in sales, client relationship management and business development including proposal preparation and client liaison.
- Previous experience working within a consulting environment would be favorable as well as a keen interest in the environment.
- Demonstrated experience of the ability to develop trusted working relationships with senior staff, both within and outside of Australia.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS, HR and accounts, an experienced team in GIS, environmental approvals, ecology and heritage consulting and a supportive work culture. We will provide you with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance, plus a wide range of employment benefits.
As a Biosis employee, you’ll be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Employee reward and recognition program.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mentoring and training program.
- Study assistance.
- Employee assistance program.
- Social activities.
- Internal job opportunities throughout Australia.
For more information, contact Amy Byrne on 0438 191 025.
A position description is available on our website at: www.biosis.com.au/jobs
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 3 December 2018
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.
How to ApplyTo apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to: Amy Byrne, email@example.com
211 total views, 2 today