Temporary Global Information Systems (GIS) Officer
South Gippsland Shire Council require the services of a qualified Global Information Systems (GIS) Officer on a temporary basis. The position is for an immediate start and the duration of the assignment may be from 10 weeks but could be extended based on business needs.
Based in Leongatha, your key responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate the ongoing administration, maintenance and development of Council corporate GIS in accordance with Council Business Plan objectives and customer needs
- Provide appropriate levels of support, training and advice to users and customers in GIS related activities and enquiries
- Contribute to Council’s business reporting requirements by providing accurate, timely information and advice in relation to Council’s GIS function
The preferred candidate will have:
- A relevant tertiary degree in Geomatics or related field, and/or demonstrated relevant experience in cartography, survey and title drafting
- Demonstrated knowledge and working experience of databases, software (particularly Intramaps) and query writing
- Demonstrated ability to train, supervise and advise staff in the GIS field in order to achieve individual, departmental and corporate objectives
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills in oral, written and graphical mediums
Suitable applicants must be available to commence immediately and be able to commit to the duration of the temporary assignment.
How to ApplyDue to the urgency of this role, please provide a current resume outlining your relevant experience without delay to: Rowenna Dunn BEST MATCH RECRUITMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
629 total views, 4 today