Full-Time JUNIOR GEOSPATIAL ANALYST
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are currently seeking an experienced Junior Geospatial Analyst to join the GreenCollar team. Reporting to the Geospatial Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with the Divisional Manager, Technical Services and the Divisional Manager, Operations to ensure successful execution of GreenCollar’s project pipeline.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Evaluation of feasibility of Carbon and other Ecosystem Services projects as needed by the broader business
- Identification of potential project areas through internal identification processes
- Spatial design of Carbon and other Ecosystem Services projects at different scales and across a variety of landscapes in compliance with legislative requirements
- Designing and preparing maps required for project assessments, reporting, monitoring and research for use both internally and externally
- Drafting the geospatial components of Offsets Reports each quarter and performing change detection procedures
- Ensuring GIS data are up to date for each project based on feedback from the Operations Division and any updates to government spatial data
- Preparing geospatial data required for field surveys in a timely manner
- Assist with modelling geospatial data inputs using carbon accounting or other assessment tools
- Uploading data to a centralized MySQL database
- Assist with field data collection when required
- Prioritisation of workload and adapting to revised deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Communication of changed assessment delivery dates to management and origination teams
- Understanding new and revised legislative and regulatory changes that impact your role
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously and within both external and cross-business unit project steering teams
Required Skills and Experience
- Tertiary degree in Geography, Spatial Sciences or Environmental Science which included GIS and Remote Sensing subjects.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS version 10 or higher
- Working knowledge ENVI version 5 or higher
- Advanced writing skills with the ability to deliver concise messages for non-industry audiences
- Exceptional listening and speaking skills
- High attention to detail and good time management skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team
How to ApplyCandidates seeking to apply for the role should email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Junior Geo Spatial Analyst via Spatialjobs All applications must contain the following
- Cover letter
- Detailed response including relevant examples to each of the 8 listed selection criteria
- Work experience in a similar Geospatial role.
- Demonstrated experience in ArcGIS version 10 or higher.
- Demonstrated experience in ENVI version 5 or higher.
- Demonstrated high level planning, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge.
- Demonstrated communication skills (both written and oral).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- A willingness to undertake a variety of tasks and display initiative.
- Proven ability to work independently undertaking routine tasks requiring close attention to detail .
- Experience working effectively with complex computer systems to manage information.
915 total views, 1 today