Full-Time MAPPING OFFICER
Job Location: Hobart, TAS
Under limited direction, the Mapping Officer will:
1. Produce high quality cartographic products in a timely manner, including hard copy maps and online maps.
Demonstrated experience and expertise using ArcGIS and/or ArcGIS Pro is required. The following skills and knowledge underpin this role.
2. Have an in-depth understanding of spatial data, including satellite imagery, aerial photography and survey control.
3. Possess expertise and technical knowledge in the operation of a corporate GIS.
An understanding of relational databases and python scripting is desirable.
4. Develop and support quality working relationships with a range of internal stakeholders with diverse requirements, and thoroughly document processes and procedures.
5. Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in the face of evolving requirements and changes to infrastructure technology, goals and timeframes.
The successful applicant will have requirements detailed above together with a keen desire to continue to develop and learn in all aspects of the position.
How to ApplyFurther information and details of how to apply are available at www.antarctica.gov.au/jobs Applications must be received by 5pm (AEST) Thursday 8 August 2019.
424 total views, 9 today