Temporary PN673T – Senior Advisor – Douglas Shoal Remediation (Until 30 June 2020) – Townsville
Please note that the successful applicant will be employed through an employment agency and not through the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority directly.
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority established the Douglas Shoal Environmental Remediation project in late 2016 following a $35 million court settlement with the owner of a ship which grounded in 2010 at Douglas Shoal, approximately 90km north-east of Gladstone. The project aims to support natural recovery at Douglas Shoal by addressing the physical and chemical impacts caused by the ship grounding.
We are seeking an organised and enthusiastic professional with skills in contractor management, marine operations, and stakeholder engagement to join our small project team. The position will assist with the coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Douglas Shoal Environmental Remediation project.
- You enjoy participating in collaborative problem-solving, risk assessment and options analysis.
- You can conduct independent research, understand scientific and technical reports, and translate complex messages into ‘plain English’ that everyone can understand.
- You have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and are confident managing the performance of contractors.
- You have an eye for detail and experience managing project documentation, budgets, financial records and contracts.
- You are comfortable working in a busy office with deadlines and competing priorities, managing your own time to get things done.
- You are skilled at identifying stakeholder interests and using different communication methods to effectively engage with stakeholders to contribute to project success.
- You understand the importance of maintaining project governance, probity and confidentiality.
- You know your limitations and when to ask for guidance or help.
Note: This position is available until 30 June 2020 with possible extension. Late applications will not be accepted.
How to ApplyPlease visit the GBRMPA Careers Page. Your application must include:
- A completed Applicant Details Form
- Your statement of claims/selection criteria (this is outlined in the position description).
- A current Curriculum Vitae that includes:
- An outline of your relevant career history
- Qualifications and/or training relevant to the position
- Contact details for at least two referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor/manager.
Position closes Monday 22nd April - 5pm
124 total views, 1 today