Full-Time Remote Sensing Analysts
Astron Environmental Services is one of Australia’s longest established environmental consultancies with a history of operations spanning over 30 years. Astron is an inclusive and innovative company that places high value on its employees. The company aligns around the collective values of mutual respect, operating safely and delivering high quality innovative services for our clients.
Our Earth Observation team is high-performing, innovative and quality focused. We are made up of remote sensing and GIS specialists, professional statisticians and environmental scientists, that work with a diverse range of clients from the resource industry to local government, across Australia and internationally. Our success is based on working closely with our clients to find solutions that assist them to monitor, understand and best manage their natural resources.
We have 2 exciting opportunities for experienced remote sensing analysts to join our professional team! In this role you will have freedom to innovate, extend your knowledge and generate new scientific solutions to complicated projects. You will get to work with the latest hardware, the best commercial data and a diverse team of specialized and experienced scientists.
Our remote sensing analysts use geospatial programming deployed on local and cloud-based high performance computing environments to analyse huge volumes of spatial data. Other exciting features of this role include:
- Developing and utilising Python scripts for geospatial analyses
- Making technical contributions to remote sensing and geospatial projects
- Working closely with other scientists and clients regarding technical information both verbally and through scientific writing
- Working on large and complex projects as part of a successful team
- Developing new innovative approaches to traditional problems.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate your experience with geospatial programming and your remote sensing knowledge. This includes image processing, using image classification, change detection, terrain mapping, image enhancement / manipulation, machine learning and statistical analyses.
Required skills include:
- A graduate degree or Higher in Environmental and / or Spatial Sciences
- Minimum 1 year post graduate experience in environmental remote sensing
- Demonstrated knowledge of spatial science
- Comprehensive knowledge of remote sensing data (including UAV, Aerial and Satellite Imagery)
- High level Python programming skills. Some exposure to Java and R programming is required.
- Good understanding of computer science and data analysis.
- Minimum 1 year consulting experience working on complex projects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking
Further, you must have strong written and verbal communication skills, be able to work effectively as part of a team and display a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
Why join us?
Fantastic Employee Benefits – We offer a huge range of benefits such as flexible work hours, time in lieu system, shared parking on a rostered basis, influenza vaccinations and annual skin checks.
Friendly Team Culture – We are a culture focused company who enjoys many social events throughout the year!
Convenient Location – Our office is located in the heart of East Perth. It’s surrounded by parks, restaurants, public transport, parking and great coffee!
Competitive Salary – $68,000 – $73,000 per annum
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 October 2020. For further information contact Emma Cook on (08) 9421 9600. Please note that:
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia
- Due to the volume of candidates applying for Astron vacancies, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- The following naming guide must be used for all applications LASTNAME.DOCUMENTTYPE for example Jessica.Smith.Resume
- Astron handles recruitment processes internally and this vacancy is not open to Recruitment Agencies
91 total views, 3 today