Full-Time Research Fellow
- 3 year Fixed Term
- Melbourne Burwood Campus
- $97,398 – $115,199 + 17% Superannuation
The School of Life and Environmental Sciences is the largest of four schools in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment which, in turn, is the fastest growing faculty at Deakin University. Our internationally and nationally renowned academics and research staff are supported by constantly evolving technologies and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for a Research Fellow to be part of the land-use futures modelling team, leading the acquisition and modelling of spatiotemporal processes related to landuse and its economic and environmental impacts. The Research Fellow will be expected to model the potential economic and environmental impacts of a range of potential sustainability interventions in the land sector (e.g. ecological restoration, regenerative agriculture, bioenergy with carbon capture and storage).
Based at our Melbourne Burwood Campus, this is a full time role for a 3 year FTE.
Your key responsibilities will include, and not limited to:
- GIS analysis and spatial data science, data manipulation, computer programming, data mining and visualisation, model development, and the application of land-use modelling to exploring sustainable futures for Australia’s land and food system.
- Undertaking research and publishing innovative science in the area of spatial modelling and analysis of sustainable future food and land systems for Australia.
- Contributing to the land-use futures research project, as well as internal and external collaboration to create new insights and opportunities.
- Contributing to the supervision, management and timely completion of HDR, Masters and Honours students.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g. spatial data science, geography, remote sensing, natural resource economics, environmental science, data science).
- Demonstrated experience in spatial analysis and modelling using Geographic Information Systems.
- An ability to handle, summarise, analyse and visualise spatial and temporal data via computer programming in Python, R, or Matlab.
- Successful track record of scientific publication in spatial data science, environmental management, sustainable futures, land science, climate change, natural resource economics, social-ecological systems modelling, or other area of sustainability.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Applications for this position close on 2 March 2020.
This role has been identified as having contact with children and requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please ensure to include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Professor Brett Bryan on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
How to ApplyTo apply for this role, please click on the link below: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/949/cw/en/job/497911/research-fellow
177 total views, 8 today