Full-Time Spatial Applications Administrator
Who Is TasWater?
TasWater’s vision is to be ‘a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania’. We believe that our vision is about building trust and respect with our colleagues and customers. We do this by living our values and behaviours and making these the foundation of the way we work each and every day, as the sole provider of water and sewerage services to businesses and homes across the state.
You will support, administer and monitor our Enterprise GIS and other Spatial Business Systems, along with their integrated applications. The preferred location for this role is Launceston, but candidates located in Hobart will also be considered.
- Implement, update and support multi-user mapping systems such as Geocortex, ESRI ArcGIS Server product set and ArCGIS Online.
- Interrogate complex spatial databases for the import and distribution of data.
- Support spatial integrations with other business systems.
- Monitor, create and update Python scripts to support spatial applications.
- Resolve user issues and requests.
- Support the Senior Spatial Applications Administrator.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria in the Position Description, summarised as follows:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Systems, Spatial Science or Information Technology, or equivalent industry experience.
- Relevant and recent experience with the design, management and technical administration of multi-user Geographical Information Systems (GIS), including associated geodatabases.
- Experience in data import and export techniques with relational databases containing spatial data, using spatial applications and SQL query tools.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of spatial information related technologies.
- Experience and knowledge of Python scripts, including the ability to diagnose and resolve issues.
Why join the TasWater Team?
TasWater strongly believe that it is our people who play a big role in helping TasWater achieve our vision of a sustainable water future. At TasWater we look for highly talented and motivated people whose values align with our own.
As a TasWater team member you can look forward to working in an exciting and stimulating work environment which changes daily. We believe in promoting a culture that encourages productive behaviours and give our team members an opportunity to contribute to a sustainable future.
TasWater provide and encourage our people to take part in comprehensive training and career development with a focus on innovative thinking. We understand that a work life balance in today’s climate is important, offer flexible working arrangements and consider health and safety to be our number one priority.
How to ApplyHow to apply? Visit our website www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers, download a copy of the position description and review the selection criteria against your skills and experience. Click on "Apply Now" and attach your covering letter, statement addressing the selection criteria, and a copy of your resume. For further information about this role please contact Tim Singline, Manager Business System Applications, on 03 6333 9320 or firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close 12 noon on 20 July 2018.
238 total views, 14 today