Full-Time Survey Manager – Geospatial and Technology 3D
Taylors is a leading development consultancy recognised for providing the best possible outcomes to an expanding client base across the infrastructure, urban development and built environment markets for over 50 years. We take pride in our team of over 150 talented professionals in Town Planning, Urban Design, Surveying, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Project Management and a range of corporate support roles.
Lead our Geospatial and Technology 3D team focusing on solutions that require advanced spatial technology including reality mesh modelling, terrestrial laser scanning, mobile laser scanning, UAVs, photogrammetry, BIM, GIS, data visualization, 3D printing, image analysis, and 3D data extraction.
Due to a growing client base, we are seeking a skilled Manager who is able to lead our Geospatial and Technology 3D team into the next stage using our cutting-edge technology. You will have demonstrated experience in managing a small team, using advanced survey techniques and have a passion for spatial technology and developing your team to achieve the best that they can.
In this role, you will lead your team by:
- Utilise advanced spatial technology to deliver solutions for a range of projects including reality mesh modelling, laser scanning, UAVs, photogrammetry, BIM, GIS, data visualization, 3D printing, image analysis, and 3D data extraction;
- Bring a creative approach to using spatial technology, including incorporating novel technologies into existing workflows;
- Have a high-level understanding of fundamental surveying field tasks such as use of GPS and Total Station, establishment of control networks and completion of feature and level surveys;
- Have high level expertise in software packages including but not limited to the Autodesk, Bentley and Esri families; and be proficient in point cloud and reality mesh generation, editing and management;
- Oversee programming of daily activities to achieve client requirements, including assigning appropriate people and technical resources for each project;
- Project Management activities where you will coordinate accurate and timely fee proposals and invoices;
- Identify and research geospatial markets, sourcing and scoping new project opportunities;
- Work with Operations Manager to generate and foster client relationships;
- Represent Taylors at industry events;
- Achieving Unit objectives by establishing and implementing processes contributing to Unit growth strategies;
- Analyse weekly productivity for unit and contribute to monthly Board Report;
- Identify and recommend professional development opportunities for Unit members and provide ongoing coaching;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis (including consultants, government authorities and other involved parties to obtain information relevant to project completion);
We would love to hear from you if you are excited about this management role and working at Taylors and have the following: –
- Experience in a similar role;
- Degree qualification in surveying or geospatial science;
- Advanced knowledge of survey technologies including robotic total stations, GPS, terrestrial laser scanning, mobile laser scanning, UAV and GIS software;
- Intermediate to advanced ACAD, BIM and Point Cloud software skills; and
- Current Driver’s licence and own transport.
At Taylors, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture of growth and innovation, providing our people with every opportunity to contribute to both business and personal success. You will be rewarded with a supportive team environment, competitive remuneration package, on-site parking and a host of other benefits that make Taylors a great place to be.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply for this role through the Taylors Seek advertisement To experience the Taylors difference, click on the 'Apply' button today and attach your cover letter and CV telling us why you would be our ideal in this role (quoting reference INF-3D-18). To apply for this position, you must have the right to work and live in this location. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Visit our Website: http://www.taylorsds.com.au/careers/ Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/taylorsdevelopmentstrategists Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/taylors-urban-development-infrastructure-built-environments/
492 total views, 6 today