Full-Time GIS Analyst
ECO LOGICAL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, a Tetra Tech company, is one of Australia’s leading environmental assessment, strategic conservation planning and ecosystem management consultancies.
We are seeking expressions of interest for a GIS Analyst to join our team in our Brisbane office in a full-time permanent capacity.
The position is responsible for the provision of GIS support, mapping and spatial analysis services to environmental planning, ecology, heritage and bushfire projects. Tasks will generally involve spatial data creation, data management, spatial analysis, map production and other project outputs. Additionally, project management, report writing, tender preparation, general project assistance and some field work may also be required.
The successful candidate must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in GIS, Environmental Science or Natural Resource Management or substantial experience in lieu of tertiary qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a GIS focused role using ArcGIS or ArcPro
- Demonstrated, high-level skills and experience using ArcGIS
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Sound project management and time management skills
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external relationships, provide GIS support across simultaneous projects, and deliver required outputs within budget and time deadlines
- Efficient problem-solving skills and ability to work independently when required.
Desirable attributes include:
- Previous consulting experience, particularly in an environmental consultancy
- Experience in (or industry knowledge of) environmental science, ecology, bushfire, heritage, or land and water management
- Knowledge of the biodiversity of the Queensland Bowen, Surat and Galilee Basin bioregion (or other bioregions) and relevant spatial datasets that classify the characteristics of the bioregion. Knowledge of bioregions is also desirable.
- Experience with remote sensing, aerial photograph interpretation and vegetation mapping
- Experience supporting field projects with mobile data collection tools such as Collector
- Experience with other GIS platforms such as ENVI and QGIS.
How to ApplyWe will offer you: A competitive remuneration package in addition to a range of other benefits including flexible working arrangements, study assistance, professional development, opportunity to purchase additional leave or salary sacrifice into super, birthday leave and health and wellbeing initiatives. If you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can grow and further develop, please forward your application (including a cover letter addressing the above criteria) to Bec South, HR Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 26 September 2019. For further information about the position please contact Andrew Tapsall, Brisbane Office Manager, on (07) 3239 9334.
360 total views, 2 today