Part-Time GIS Officer
- Opportunity to develop within a growing and dynamic local government organisation
- Gain experience in a diverse local government organisation
- Fixed term job-share arrangement – 3 days per week
About the Role
Council’s GIS team is seeking an experienced and qualified customer-oriented GIS professional to fill a fixed term job share vacancy.
This role delivers high quality and accurate spatial information by collecting, recording and analysing spatial data. This information then is presented in various formats such as maps, charts, reports and plans for internal and external customers. Working within the Information Services branch, the role also provides training to applications and systems users, maintains Council’s property database and works closely with systems users to troubleshoot problems and ensure their specific requirements are being met.
This is a fixed term job share position working 3 days (21 hours) per week for a period up to 2 years.
The salary is from $31.69 up to $36.76 per hour plus superannuation based on skills, experience and qualifications.
In addition to holding a relevant qualification, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience in capturing spatial data, data conversion, management, analysis and cartography using ArcGIS.
- Ability to read, interpret and produce maps and a demonstrated understanding of land and property titling processes.
- Good communication skills and ability to coach non-technical users.
- A customer service approach to ensure that customer’s needs are the focal point of activities, consultations, advice and recommendations.
- A high level of professionalism, integrity and presentation in the delivery of services to Council’s quality standards.
Located in the Southern Highlands, Wingecarribee Shire Council is within comfortable travelling distance of Sydney, Canberra, the South Coast and the Illawarra. With four distinct and stunning seasons combined with glorious countryside rich in biodiversity and appeal, it’s an enviable lifestyle location.
How to Apply
Applications including a cover letter, resume and statement addressing both the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria are to be submitted online by visiting www.wsc.nsw.gov.au (Careers @ Council).
The Selection Criteria is contained in the Position Description which you will need to download and review the criteria before submitting your on-line application. All documents are to be attached either as a PDF or Microsoft Office Word document. Applications not addressing the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria may not be considered.
Applicants are advised to read Council’s Recruitment Information Package which can be found at www.wsc.nsw.gov.au (Careers @ Council), before submitting their on-line application.
The online process allows for three (3) items to be uploaded i.e. Resume, Covering Letter and your statement addressing the Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion or to obtain further information please contact Carwyn Sheppard, Coordinator Corporate Systems on 4868 0871.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 17 February 2018.
How to ApplyApplications including a cover letter, resume and statement addressing both the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria are to be submitted online by visiting www.wsc.nsw.gov.au (Careers @ Council)
1398 total views, 11 today