Full-Time Hydrographic Surveyor
Total Hydrographic are a Melbourne based hydrographic surveying company specialising in bathymetric survey. We pride ourselves on the quality of work that we provide our clients and that stems from the quality of staff we employ.
Our services include a wide variety of surveys (including bathymetric survey, dredging surveys, under keel clearance declarations, marine habitat mapping and side scan sonar) as well as various GIS applications. We are currently
taking expressions of interest for an ongoing contract to start ASAP.
If you are a entry level surveyor with hydrographic experience looking for the next step in your career then we would love to hear from you.
- Bachelor degree in surveying
- 0-5 years’ experience (preferably in hydrographic surveying)
- Capable of working independently
- Practical person with a proven “can do” attitude
- Willing to work with a changing schedule and sometimes changing hours
- Efficient time management with attention to detail
- Capable of working in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne and happy to travel to varying locations
- Full driving licence
- Happy working within a small team environment
- Current working visa or Australian residency is mandatory
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience with Hypack
- Proven experience with multibeam echosounders and single beam echo
- Data processing experience
- Active membership with SSSI and/or Australasian Hydrographic Society
- Experience with equipment mobilisation
- Proven boat operation, transport and launch/retrieve skills
How to ApplyThank you for your interest in this position. Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing all the above criteria including your expected remuneration to: Tim Williams, Principal Hydrographer firstname.lastname@example.org
713 total views, 12 today