Full-Time Senior Consultant – Projects
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
As part of Esri Australia’s Professional Services division, you will play a crucial role in enabling our client’s success through the adoption of ArcGIS. In this role, you will use your knowledge of Esri products to conception, construction and implementation of GIS.
Role and responsibilities:
As the Senior Consultant, you will provide and manage technical and project consulting services to Esri Australia clients for the delivery of geospatial business solutions. You will be the lead Technical Consultant responsible for small or large projects.
Some of your key areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Providing advanced Esri technology related consulting services.
- Consulting directly with clients’ managers and technical resources in building and implementing Esri solutions.
- Assessing customer experience with Esri technologies and developing customer engagement strategies.
- Supporting the delivery of various presales activities – including responding to customer requests for information, developing and planning conceptual solution presentations and demonstrations.
- Taking a proactive part in any quality improvement processes and methodologies.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the Company’s product and service offerings and methodologies.
- Defining, analysing, coding, testing, documenting, deploying and maintaining customer Esri software solutions.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in associated business disciplines (Computer Science, Information Technology, Geography, Geospatial Science, Remote Sensing and/or Surveying).
- Equivalent work experience (i.e. a minimum of six years software and data solutions using structured development methodologies).
- Solution architecture design and definition.
- GIS Administration skills.
- Geodatabase design supporting web service delivery, using technologies such as:
- ArcPy/Geoprocessing, ArcObjects and .Net skills.
- Services: understanding of XML and web services.
- Architectures: experience with multi-tiered environments.
- Security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Excellent fault diagnosis and problem solving skills.
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage time and schedule tasks whilst remaining resilient to changing priorities.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Products: Esri ArcGIS Desktop plus extensions, ArcGIS Server, Mobile, SDE.
- Products: ArcGIS Server and the portal for ArcGIS.
- Geodatabases: experience with SDE, Oracle, SQL server or PostGres/GIS.
- Working knowledge of industry standard IT methodologies, tools and techniques – Agile, Unified Process and UML.
How to ApplyIf you are ready to apply your knowledge and expertise to help shape business systems in an industry-leading organisation, please submit your application through this link. If you would like more information about this role, please contact Jess Piotrowski, Human Resources on 0400 787 808. Please note that Esri Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event, a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a current formal agreement in place we shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
295 total views, 1 today